HERMOSA HOT RECIPIES
Original & delicious!
Simple Pizza Sauce
1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
5 tablespoons Hermosa Hot
Combine ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes over an open flame (season with salt to taste). Let sauce cool (refrigerate up to 5 days).
Spicy, Sweet & Smoky Baked Beans
6 ounces of bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
1 large white or yellow onion finely chopped
3 cans (15.5 ounces each) cooked Navy or Great Northern beans
3 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons Hermosa Hot (add more to increase heat)
1 1/2 tablespoons dried mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 red jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
1. Place bacon and onions in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until bacon fat renders and the onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Pour off excess fat.
2. Stir in beans, brown sugar, molasses, maple syrup, BBQ sauce, Hermosa Hot, dried mustard, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke. Gently simmer the beans until you reach a thick even flavor and consistency, about 10 minutes. Stir in jalapeños during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Add salt and pepper if desired.
Spicy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
6 Russet Potatoes (skinned and cut into 1/3’s)
1 tablespoon Hermosa Hot (add more to increase heat)
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup milk
1. Boil skinned and cut potatoes for 10-15 minutes (until soft), drain water and transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Add Hermosa Hot, crushed garlic, butter and milk, use a mixer to combine ingredients. Whip potatoes until desired consistency.
3 ounces of your favorite Bloody Mary mix
1 - 2 tsp Hermosa Hot
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/2 tablespoon of horseradish
Lemon juice, salt and pepper as you desire
2 - 3 ounces of your favorite vodka
1. Mix all ingredients except vodka, let sit overnight (optional).
2. Garnish with stalk of celery and 3-5 small or large green olives with pimento, garlic or jalapeno. Other garnish options include pickled green beans or okra, green onions, lemon or lime wedges, and bacon.